Equipment Pick-up: Sunday , April 26 @ Silver Springs Community Center, lower level, 12 - 2pm
Equipment Return: Wednesday, June 24, 7 - 8:30pm and Thursday, June 25, 6 - 9pm @ Silver Springs Community Centre, lower level
Training and Development:
Location: Brentwood Sportsplex, 1520B Northmount Dr NW
Thursday, April 16, 7 - 9pm U4, U6, U8, U10 and U11 clinics
Sunday, April 19, 1 - 3pm U13, U15, U18 clinics
U4, U6, U8 soccer coaches
U10 U13, U15, U1618 soccer coaches
The following has been adopted from the fair play Code of Conduct as developed by the Canadian Council on Children and Youth 1979 and is consistent with Norwest United Soccer Association Policies and Procedures. As participants in Norwest United Soccer, we have read, understood and will abide by this code. By signing this code we agree to use our best efforts in supporting these principles. Failure to comply with this code of conduct may result in sanctions by Norwest United Soccer Association.
Your coach has agreed to, and signed, the following code:
- Respect and promote respect for the rules, officials and their decisions.
- Respect and teach my team to respect, their opponents and opposing coaches.
- Be reasonable in my demands on players' time, energy and enthusiasm.
- Avoid over-playing the more talented players. All the players need and deserve equal time. (Playing time may be reduced if a player misses or is late for games or practices without a valid reason)
- Remember that children play for fun and enjoyment and that winning is only part of it.
- Ensure equipment and facilities meet safety standards.
- Seek the advice of player, parent or physician to determine when an injured player is ready to play again.
- Set a good example by being generous with your praise and never ridiculing players, coaches or officials for the mistakes they may make.
- Make a personal commitment to keep yourself informed on the principles of sound coaching as well as player development, and the laws of the game.
- Encourage players to continue their participation in sports.
- Teach my players the laws of the game and encourage them to play by them.
- Publicly support the philosophy, principles and procedures of Norwest United Soccer Association in a positive manner, following due process for complaints and issues.
- Play for the fun of it.
- Play by the rules.
- Don't argue with the officials.
- Control your temper.
- Work hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport!
- Appreciate good plays, whether your team's or your opponent's.
- Treat everyone as you would like to be treated.
- Cooperate with your coach and team-mates.
- Respect your opponents for without them you wouldn't have a game.
- Strive to attend and give your full effort at all practices and games.
- Let your coach know if you will be late or absent.