- Remember that children play sports to have fun.
- Encourage your child to play by the rules.
- Show respect for your team's opponent, and the game officials.
- Teach your child that honest effort is as important as victory. Results of games may then be accepted without undue disappointment.
- Recognize and respect the role of coaches. They volunteer their time and resources to provide recreation for your children. Assist coaches in effectively preparing for games or practices by ensuring they are notified when your child will be late or absent.
- Help your child work towards skill improvement and good sportsmanship.
- Avoid criticizing your child for making mistakes.
- Children learn best by example:
- show appreciation for the good plays of both your team and the opposition,
- do not publicly question the officials' judgement and honesty and
- do not publicly question the coach's decisions.
- Be on your best behaviour! Support efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children's sports.
- Play for the fun of it.
- Play by the rules.
- Don't argue with the officials.
- Control your temper.
- Work hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport!
- Appreciate good plays, whether your team's or your opponent's.
- Treat everyone as you would like to be treated.
- Cooperate with your coach and team-mates.
- Respect your opponents for without them you wouldn't have a game.
- Strive to attend and give your full effort at all practices and games.
- Let your coach know if you will be late or absent.
- Age Group Coordinator
- Compile teams, assign coaches, and provide pertinent information to coaches throughout the season
- Co- Coach
- At least two per team. No experience necessary, resources supplied! Working with one or two other team co-coaches to plan age appropriate practice drills and oversee game play.
- Equipment Helpers - This may be one of the following miscellaneous jobs: Pre- season and post -season help needed
- Equipment sorting
- Repairs and cleaning
- Referee Coordinator -This person works with our referees and the U10, U12, U14 and U1618 game schedule creating a referee schedule for the season.
- Team Managers - Duties list
- Assists the team co-coaches with team organization assigning team jobs to team parents as needed.